Sunday, December 28, 2008
Nurse Mommy
In case you haven't heard, Justine is sick as a dog. Her fever shot up VERY high Friday night so we hopped in the car at midnight and made a trip to the ER. Every inch of her skin was SO hot I couldn't even keep my hand on her! She had started antibiotics the Friday before for an ear infection. That med apparently did no good and she still had that ear infection but added Tonsilitis to the mix. We attempted to make her sleep as much as possible yesterday which was hard. Waylan is working today and so I'm nurse Mommy by myself today. She is on 2 prescription meds (anti inflamatory and a different antibiotic) plus a rotation/combination of Tylenol and Motrin. She also has albuterol for breathing treatments. Today her cough has gone from dry to cruddy. I don't know if this means she is getting better or worse. I tried to suction her (what a joy!) but that didn't produce anything. We will make a visit to her doc on Monday. Her poor tonsils are still huge! I thought she broke her fever last night. It was back to normal after she went to bed but back to 100 today. Poor baby. I just want her to be all better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment