Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Is it really a holiday?
It SO doesn't feel like New Year's Eve. I was off work today but ended up spending my day at the doctor's office and running errands. Not what I had planned. And Waylan is working and won't be home until 8am tomorrow. So for me it's just seems to be an ordinary day. I keep forgetting it's a holiday and many people are busy with holiday plans and parties tonight. Oh well, the life of a firefighter's wife with young children, one of which is a foster child who can't just stay with anyone. But I wouldn't change anything! Having a husband who loves his job is more important than having one who is home on the holidays. And having children when there was I time I thought I never would is priceless!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
preach on, sista! i feel your pain, and i'm totally with you on the importance of the hubby loving the job.
I love your perspective. I, too, had the same situation when Bryan was working in corrections. Although, he did NOT like his job towards the end. Praying very hard, the babysitter thing with Ethan is only TEMPORARY! Happy New Year Cindy!
Happy New Year, Cindy!! I totally agree about Waylan's job. Since this is my first year to deal with that it is taking some adjustment but it is so worth it.
I just noticed your new family photo....did y'all do that one yourselves too? It looks so good!! Ethan is posed just right!! Cute!
Post a Comment