Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Big Day

So much happened today so here we go.

Justine's PDO had their Christmas Program today. She was a sheep. It was 3 & 4 year olds and of course they were cute. They sang about 10 or so songs which is pretty impressive if you ask me.


We had a visit with our CPS caseworker today. We opened the door and she was holding so many presents she was about to drop them all. Both Waylan and I took some off her hands to help her out. She submitted Ethan to an agency that gets individuals/families to purchases Christmas gifts for foster children. Ethan was selected and the boy raked it in! These angels also provided us a box of diapers and even a gift labeled, "Ethan's Mommy". How sweet is that?



It was a day of Milestones for BOTH Ethan and Justine today. Ethan learned to grasp the dangling toys on his bouncy seat. He was so excited he literally sat there for over an hour just as content as can be. I made dinner, ate dinner and was doing the dishes before he started getting ansy for a new scene. So Waylan scooped him up and was playing with him. That's when another milestone was reached. The boy laughed!! Several times even. SO CUTE!

As for Justine, she buttoned a button on her jammies tonight. That's a first for her. I took pics and video of Ethan's milestones so of course I had to get a snapshot of Justine too. Must treat both kids equally...must treat both kids equally...







Here is the laughing video. Listen carefully...they are short laughs!

And last but not least for our Big Day. If you've followed our friends The Cato's you know that they got a boy at birth to adopt but because he was Indian the Indian Nation was fighting for custody of him. They have had him since he was born and he will be 3 in January. They had a court hearing today and the judge awarded them adoption. On the spot!! And that wasn't even the purpose of the hearing! So Jake is theirs and the battle is over. And my foster mom friend Heather has also been fighting a similar battle with her foster son who is Indian. Yesterday, she found out her battle is over and adoption will happen next month. Such great stuff!!!

Who knew we would ever be friends with so many families, including our own, who have adopted children. If you would have told me this when I was in my early 2o's I would have said you were crazy!

2 comments:

Bones said...

OH WOW! It was a big day!

Many prayers lifted up for the Cato family, and I am astonished! How awesome is God? I have happy tears reading that. God IS faithful!

I cannot believe how big Ethan is getting! He looks so happy. And Justine is beautiful as ever. I think she is 16 and you are just telling us she is 3. She sure looks grown up!

Jenn said...

Ok, I was going to comment on your kiddos but, when I read about the Catos, I just had to comment on them first. All I can say is, "Hallelujah, God is so good!!!"

Ethan is so adorable. Those little laughs cracked me up!

Justine buttoning her own button! That is amazing. I know 8 year olds who can't even do that. What a smart girl!!!

The PDO program looked absolutely adorable. I must say I am impressed with whoever taught them all of those songs....it is a much harder job than it appears to be!