Monday, November 24, 2008

Torticollis

Marla blogged about Emma having Torticollis and it took me back to Justine's tort days. Here is a picture of Justine at 2 months old-almost Emma's age.


You can see how her stiff neck muscle caused her head to be stuck to the side. Too bad we never noticed it until it was pointed out to us. And unfortunately for Justine, her Torticollis also resulted in Plagiocephaly (flat spot on her head).


I'm so glad Emma's was caught so early so she can avoid that. Justine was twice her age and ended up having to do this:



So she could get one of these:



I must say, she is the cutest helmet head girl I ever did see! When all this happened I remember thinking that for the time she was in a helmet I would never take pictures or take her in public. As it turned it out it was no big deal and life just continued as normal. Here are some of my favorite pictures from that time:












2 comments:

Jenn said...

It doesn't matter how you "wrap" her, Justine is just a beautiful girl. You are blessed!

Marla said...

You could stick her in a brown paper bag and she'd still be cute, cute, cute!!!