Wednesday, November 26, 2008

All-Nighter's

We've had some interesting all nighter's lately.

Saturday night/Sunday morning Justine woke me up at 1:30am telling me her tummy hurt. About 5 minutes later she was puking all over the bathroom. All over her, in her hair, on the bathroom floor, rugs...need I go on? So after a bath and a load of laundry I put her to bed in my bed. It wasn't 15 minutes later she got sick in my bed. So I stripped the sheets (I only have 1 set for my bed) and covered the bed with a blanket and towels and she laid back down. Then 15 minutes later she's at it again. And so the pattern began. About 3am things settled down some but she continued to get sick until about 10:30am. She began to feel back to normal on Sunday but had a fever and didn't eat anything (unless 1 cracker counts??). She slept in my bed Sunday night and slept all night. She stayed home from school on Monday and Waylan kept her. She was fine all day. Then, at 5am I got up to feed Ethan and out walks Justine from her room and she had been sick again. So back to the tub and back to the washing machine we go. So once again, she stayed home from school and went to work with me on Tuesday. She was fine all day and fine last night so she will be going back to school today.

The second all nighter experience was on Sunday night. Because Justine slept in my bed, when Ethan woke up around midnight to eat I turned the monitor off so we wouldn't up Justine. He ate pretty quickly and went right back to sleep. I came down stairs and crawled back in bed. At 7am I woke up (thanks to the dog) only to realize I had forgotten to turn the monitor back on!!! I slept through his 4am feeding! I felt like the worst mom in the world! I ran upstairs to check on him and, while he was asleep, he had definately been awake at some point. He worked his way out of his swaddler, the wedge, his blanket and was 1/2 down his bed. To top it off he had scratched his face (he attacks his face when he cries). My poor baby.

The last all nighter occured last night. Now this one IS worth celebrating! Ethan slept through the night! And, yes, the monitor WAS on in case you're wondering. I would say he was out by 8pm and slept until 6am. Good boy! He's not quite 2 months old so I doubt this is his new routine. But if it was I wouldn't complain!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

You are not a bad MOM! You are a great Mom and you were sleep deprived. Your kids are precious!
I love ya!

Jenn said...

Sounds like that accidental all nighter (where you didn't turn the monitor on) taught him he could make it without being up in the middle of the night. Hopefully that is true and he will sleep through the night from now on. I'm curious to hear how it goes tonight!

Jenn said...

Sounds like that accidental all nighter (where you didn't turn the monitor on) taught him he could make it without being up in the middle of the night. Hopefully that is true and he will sleep through the night from now on. I'm curious to hear how it goes tonight!