Monday, October 20, 2008

2 Week Check Up

Ethan had his 2 week check up today and he is a perfect, healthy little boy. The nurses loved him and they are hoping we can adopt him too! His stats are:

Weight: 8 lbs 10 oz (gained a little over a pound from his discharge weight-90% percentile)
Length: 22 inches (he grew an inch in 2 weeks!-50% percentile)
Head: 14 inches (25% percentile)

They said we're gonna have a tall one!

His feet that I worried about are just fine.

His tummy aches may be due to any combination of taking in too much formula, switching formula (we switched from what the hospital sent home) or his body just adjusting to life outside of the womb. So no switching formula yet. We'll see how things go (he hasn't had any tummy aches today).

The congestion that I was worried about I don't need to be. He's apparently a rattler. He sounded congested while they were checking him out yet his lungs, nasal passages and ears were all clear. The doc said sometimes when they air hits the throat it just causes vibration that makes the sound of him being congested.

I was forewarned that with his skin coloring that he may be prone to having sensitive skin, sunburn (duh) and allergic reactions.

They wore him out at his appoint; so much that he slept for a good solid 4 hours today despite any noise around him. Then he stayed awake for about 3 hours. At 9pm I put his jammies on and fed him a bottle and he fell asleep while taking it. So he is sound asleep in his bed.

I introduced him to the swing for the 2nd time. He wasn't a fan the first time but did well this time. He was actually examining one of the toys hanging from it so that's good. I've also noticed recently that he likes to hold on to the burp rag so I decided to also introduce him to his blanky. Justine said, "That's Amejia's!" Don't worry, I corrected her. He actually seemed to like it too.

I talked to CPS today and found out that his birth mom was 30 years old and had no ID when she gave birth. So all they have is her name and birthdate to go on (and we don't even know if either is actually correct). She basically said they are pushing for termination and ready to let this case move through quickly.

And I can't end this post without something from Justine. I will try to sneak a video of this soon but while watching Dancing with the Stars tonight she was dancing around and trying to copy all the moves...even the hip shakes. So cute! And her quote for the day:

Mommy: I'm cutting a french bread loaf in half to make garlic bread.
Justine: "Why you taking it in half?"
Mommy: "Because I'm making garlic bread. How in the world did you know this is in HALF? You're so smart!"

I would upload some pics but I'm too tired for that and need to pick up the house and get bottles ready for overnight. So check dropshots in a day or so instead.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Sounds like things are going just great!