Monday, September 1, 2008

The Strong Willed Child

We've had many moments of misbehavior from Justine lately. Seems she is in trouble more than out of trouble. It's driving me crazy! Sometimes I feel as though I've lost control. We had one of these moments at dinner tonight and Justine was sent to her room for refusing to eat. She cried, screamed and hollered. Waylan told her to get dressed for bed and go to bed. During that time I excused myself from the dinner table to retrieve a book that is on my shelf and collecting dust. It's Dobson's book, "The Strong-Willed Child." I didn't make it far when Waylan and Justine came downstairs and she began to finally eat (and liked it!). Then she picked up the book asked if she could read it to me. I said sure and this is how it went:



"God Jesus go a Heaven. You close yours door fire don't come in very fast. God Jesus go a heaven. Hershey no eat yours corn. God Jesus live in Heaven for God. The End."



How sweet is that? She's talking Jesus and repeating instructions she gets from us all in the same story. That must be how it all sounds from us. At least she isn't hearing Charlie Brown's teacher from us which is how it seems some of the time.

1 comment:

Hannah said...

that's so cute. i think all jacob hears is a word here and there too. maybe someday it will all make sense to him!