Friday, August 15, 2008
Weight Gain
Yes, you read the title correctly...this is about weight gain. MY weight gain. Now I've been the receiver of the 'skinny' comments my entire life; it's no secret. I know that I'm skinny. And I can hear you all now--"weight gain! is she crazy! she's so skinny! whatever!" But yes, the day has come that I must blog about weight gain. There is one person in my life who has never had a problem pointing out my not so good parts so to speak. Of course that would be Waylan. And for years he's pointed out that my tummy is oh not so flat. I would have to blame that mostly on posture I think. Until now. A couple of months ago I tried on a pair of jeans that once fit...and they didn't. What? And so I weighed myself just out of curiousity. My weight is ALWAYS the same but this day not so much. It was about 5 pounds heavier. Apparently the no longer fitting jeans and scale reading weren't enough proof because I convinced myself the scale was broken and decided that I was still the same weight as always. So I put Justine on the scale. She weighed heavier than I expected too so of course it was the scale. Then she got sick and I took her to the doctor. They always weigh her and her weight confirmed that our scale was actually correct. Still, I didn't think much of it. Then last week I tried on a pair of old faithful shorts...couldn't button them. I've worn them for years but haven't worn them this season because they are worn out but I thought they would be fine over my swimsuit. Those are now in the trash. So tonight I was thinking I would dress up a little for the showers I'm attending tomorrow and decided to go ahead and pick something out tonight so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the morning (because we all know I don't function in the mornings). So I tried on a dress that ONCE fit but no longer does. I got it zipped up but then couldn't breathe. So to the donation pile that one goes. For grins I pulled out the scale and sure enough...that 5 pound increase in my weight is still there. So I guess it's a reality. The sad part is that the only part of my body that is hanging on to that extra 5 pounds is my tummy! I would have preferred it spread out a little. Maybe this is what thyroid surgery does to you...or at least I've heard. So since I can't blame it on birthing children I'll blame it on thyroid issues. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! So how much is a gym membership??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe five pounds is making that big of difference...if I didn't know better, I'd say you were pregnant!!!
I seem to remember asking you if the thyroid thing would make you gain weight! You still look great to me...the five pounds is not noticeable at all!
I had the same thought as Jennifer...maybe you are pregnant. So having gained 5 pounds what do you weigh now...100?!! I'm sure I can go thru my closet and give you more clothes that are too small for me.
Post a Comment