In recent months we have done very little, if anything, as a family. Waylan has been busy working on his projects (enclosing the garage, taxidermy, building the "barm") and Justine and I have been sort of doing our own thing.
Well yesterday we spent almost the entire day as a family. We went to church together, finally! Waylan has worked almost every Sunday or we've had something else going on. After church we went out for mexican (always yum!) then to Walmart to look for a life jacket for Justine. We didn't find the life jacket but managed to find plenty of other things to spend a pretty penny on. Somehow Walmart does that to me...ugh.
After our Walmart trip we went home and changed clothes then Waylan worked on taxidermy while Justine and I went to Bass Pro Shops to find a life jacket. YES, Waylan passed on Bass Pro...watch out...Jesus might be coming back! We found a life jacket and a kick board so that was good. The funny part about the Bass Pro visit is when we drove into the parking lot. Justine said, "Yea! My favorite store! Daddy's hunting!"
After we got home I made dinner then we all went to the Allen Natatorium for a church event. Which is why we needed the life jacket. Justine had a blast and wanted for us to let go so she could "do it by herslf!" There was a cool kiddie area where she could touch and she was even brave enough to hold her breath and put herself underwater many times. She loved the slide too. There were a ton of people there and we had fun. However, I swear I can still smell the chlorine 24 hours later! Justine went to bed very easy that night which is always a plus.
So that was our family day! And I LOVED it!!! We really need to be more intentional about making time for family days. I think Waylan and I talked more yesterday than we have a month combined.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Those days are always so nice!!!
Post a Comment