Friday, August 22, 2008

Bronchiolitis Again

We went to the doctor today and sure enough Justine has bronchiolitis AGAIN. This is the 2nd time in 60 days. Her doctor was out of town so we saw a different doctor. She was really great. She prescribed a steroid to break up the mucus and also breathing treatments (same as before). Any time Justine has a "cold" or "allergies" it turns into something worse. She said the mucus that Justine produces is basically just too thick for her to break up. I asked how we can ward this off and she said at the first sign of a runny nose to begin giving her tons of water to help thin out the mucus and also begin suctioning her often. So that will be our new plan of action for the future. She said she expects her to develop asthma as she gets older. Such a joy....not! Funny how over time you learn your kid's quirks. We cannot let bug bites go and now we can't let snot go. Anything we can do to keep her healthy and comfortable we will do.

Well I'm off to bed (early for me). I worked until 9:30 tonight to get ready for Promotion Sunday and I'm pooped.

No comments: