Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Miscellaneous Stuff

I'm so proud of myself. I got in a cleaning mood last weekend. The baby room has been the biggest dumping ground for anything baby and nothing has been organized. Not anymore! I spent all last weekend working in that room and also in the playroom (another room I've been wanting to tackle forever!). I even hung pictures! The playroom has had our Christmas stuff stored in it (yes--Christmas!). That stuff is now out. Too bad it's in my scrapbook room now. But it will go in the "barm" as Justine calls it as soon as the construction is finished. Here are some pics of the baby room. It is also our guest room so it's pulling double duty.


Awesome Firetruck bedding compliments of my foster mom friend Heather. She wouldn't let me pay her for it. Thanks Heather! You rock!




And now for some playroom pics. I was just telling Marla today that I don't know what I would do without my playroom! She is sacrificing hers for Baby Emma. She just needs to move!

The seating area:

Game table:
Toy storage:
This is the "home life" area. Kitchen, grill, mail box, table and there is also her baby doll stuff on the other side of the table (can't see it here).

This is the reading area:

On a different subject...look at these cute overalls that Justine had to have at the latest Bass Pro Shop trip. She told Waylan she needed them so she could hunt with him. Of course he was a sucker and bought them. (She also goes around saying, "I shoot the little one, Daddy shoot the big one.") Waylan is brainwashing my kiddo already!


I'm in the process of painting my childhood bedroom furniture for Justine's room. I discovered today that I'm doing it wrong which is just peachy. But I'm too far along now to do anything about it (besides strip and sand--and I'm not going there). I'll post pics when I'm finished.

I'm also gearing up for Justine's 3rd birthday party on Saturday. We are going to Bounce Town which she and all her little friends just love. There will be a couple of foster kids there also. If you remember Baby Zaira that we took care of for a couple of weeks last spring and also the little boy we took care of a couple of different days over the past few months. I can't wait to see how Zaira has grown.

That's all for now. I need to go paint and it's 11pm! Why do I do this to myself???

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I just love those overalls! The rooms look great too. Wanna come work at my house? We still have a long way to go to get baby's room ready!

Bones said...

I sure love that firetruck room. I wish I could quilt.