With that title I'm sure you are expecting to read about 3 unrelated events....but not so much. Waylan's cousin got married yesterday...at the Dallas Zoo...with ZZ Top playing as not only the groom and groomsmen walked in but, yes, also the bride. The men walked in to Sharp Dressed Man and the bride to She's Got Legs. Very interesting choice of music I thought. They both work and met at the zoo which explains why the wedding took place there. I missed the vows because someone (who shall remain nameless) requested DURING THE PRAYER in a normal tone of voice TO GO TO THE POTTY! The wedding was outside so EVERYONE could see us leave as we made our way to the potty and back again. Not to mention the show I sure hope I DID NOT give as I picked up Justine's flip flops that she kept kicking off a hundred times. I was wearing a shorter than usual skirt. Not exactly bending over or squatting type of attire. When making our way to the restroom we had to go through the reception area where the cakes were beautifully displayed. Justine requested to have cake at that moment. I just wanted to get her in and out of the restroom so I didn't miss the ceremony. So we made it back in time for the unity candle song and the remainder of the ceremony. Then off to the reception where, again, Justine requested cake. And not just cake, cake with flowers on it! But she still had to wait because the cake had not been cut yet. When she finally got cake she was one lucky girl (or should I say I was one lucky mom because we avoided a meltdown). By the time I made it through the cake line they had just started handing out pieces with flowers on them. In fact, I got the first piece. And it was a large piece. And Justine ate every bit of that cake including all that icing. And strawberries! And what followed cake eating you ask? A very happy, dancing around, crazy 2 year old.
And that was our ZZ Top Wedding at the Zoo experience!
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
The wedding almost sounds like it should be on the Redneck Weddings show Cari blogged about one time!!
That cake sounds so good...I would have eaten it all too!!
I was thinking the exact same thing as Marla when I was reading about the wedding!
Post a Comment