Monday, March 3, 2008

Catching up

I never know where to start when days and weeks pass since my last post. So I'll just fill you in with the most recent.

My poor baby girl...she is sick today and sleeping in Mommy's bed tonight. Poor thing laid her head on the table at dinner then requested to go to bed in Mommy's bed. So I tucked her in and checked on her 10 minutes later. She was fast asleep. 'What's wrong?' you ask...the D word. (That's diarrhea). I've cleaned up more poop today than I cleaned up when she was an infant in diapers! I'll leave out the details and just end this portion with she also has a low grade fever. My poor baby.

For now, my poor car is not a poor car anymore. After spending a week with the mechanic we are back to having NO warning lights on the dash. A first in a long, long, long time. And brand new tires to boot. I'm so excited! But not so excited about how much less is in my bank account. Car repairs are so costly! And thank you to Marla who ventured out in the sleet and snow to take me to get my car.

I went to a scrapbook retreat with some friends last weekend. About 48 hours of scrapbook time and I used many of them! I scrapbooked until 2am Friday night and 4am Saturday night and completed a total of 55 pages! Woohoo! I FINALLY completed an album of Justine's first birthday. That has been on my scrapbook to-do list forever (about 18 months to be exact) and I'm so glad it's finally done. I feel much better now but I think I was labeled as a scrapbook addict by Marla because I never left the table except to eat, go to the restroom and replenish my Dr. Pepper.

News on Joseph (or Jophus as Justine calls him) is still no news. I've talked to our agency several times and they were told CPS received a ton of home studies for him. So it must be taking longer than expected to choose a family. But, as of Friday we have also been submitted for Christian, a 1 year old white male who is free for a straight adoption. He too will get a ton of home studies so I'm not sure how long it will be for a family to be chosen for him. So I am continuing to wait patiently and see what God does.

Upcoming for us this week is Justine's first ballet class. So I'll be purchasing her a leotard, tights, skirt and ballet shoes in the next day or so. Class is Thursday and once a week for 6 weeks. As for me I'll be picking up a dress to stone this week. I haven't done one since before my surgery (my scar is healing nicely by the way). I'm looking forward to a little extra cash in my pocket. I'll also be scrapbooking again Friday night with some foster moms from our agency. This will be my first time to scrap with them and I'm looking forward to it. Yes, my name is Cindy and I'm a scrapbook addict. Anyway, that's all for now. I'll try not to let so much time pass between postings.

No comments: