Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cousins!!

Justine stayed with Grandpa and Grandma Langford this weekend. When Grandma called to say they were getting ready to bring Justine home she said they had a surprise. I was hoping it was a good surprise and not something like a broken arm. Well, it turned out to be a great surprise. Justine met her cousin Lauren. Lauren is almost 13 and the last time we saw her was Christmas of 2004 (pre-Justine). Justine loved her, took her upstairs to show off her bedroom, play ring around the rosey, and play with the toys in her playroom. She instructed 'Mommy out!' so they could spend time with just the two of them. She would say, "Lauren come on" taking her by the hand around the house. I think she wore Lauren out...she was tired when she left. We learned that Lauren still loves pizza and chicken nuggets--which is all she would eat when she spent the night with us YEARS AGO! And we learned she hates having her picture taken. And you know me...the scrapbooker I am and not knowing how many more years will pass before this opportunity takes place again I was definately behind the lense! Here are some photos that will quickly find their way into my scrapbooks.


Justine took the photo of me with Lauren. And the last photo I took of her myspace page. I really enjoyed seeing her today and hope years don't go by before we see her again!
And now for a total change of subject...I found this article interesting that I read in a preschooler's email I received today. Who knew all that crazy spinning around when we were kids was actually healthy?!?!
Spinning Activities Improve Preschool Brain Development
by
Kelly Pfeiffer
Want to boost your preschooler’s brain development? Provide opportunities for preschoolers to engage in activities that involve the body spinning in any way.
When preschoolers spin, different parts of the brain are stimulated all at the same time. This builds new and more developed pathways throughout the brain – pathways that improve learning potential, spatial awareness, rhythm and more. Spinning activities actually develop pre-reading skills and concepts while at the same time improving balance, muscle control and gross motor skills.
So, moms and dads...let them spin!! Just keep them away from furniture...my brother had stitches as a child from a spinning encounter with a coffee table.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you have been tagged! check out my blog for details!