Sunday, January 6, 2008

Locked out!

I never thought this would happen (at least this early in Justine's life) but she locked me out of the house today! Oh man...I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. The story goes like this.

Let me begin by saying that Waylan is on duty today. The wind was blowing SO HARD and Waylan had a big bucket in the back yard that was blowing all over the place. I was afraid it was going to take flight. It even appeared to be intentionally chasing Hershey (which she didn't like at all!). I knew I had to put a stop to it so I went outside and left Justine inside. I captured the bucket, put it away then returned to the back door (probably less than a minute later) and there I was...locked out! Thankfully Justine was still standing at the door. It took me longer to explain to her what she needed to do to unlock the door than it did for me to get in this predicament in the first place. She finally got it and I felt so much relief.

And to close here are a few of Justine funnies to share:
  1. We made hamburgers for dinner last night. Can't have a hamburger without pickles! We asked Justine if she wanted a pickle and she said, "No, I don't like pickles yet!" YET?? What was that? Guess that means she'll like them when she is older.
  2. In Sunday School today she was telling her teacher that she had a brother at home. Does she know something we don't?
  3. She told me today she wants a bubba AND sister. We talked about family in Puggles tonight so she must have caught on to those families who have multiple children in their family.
  4. As I type this she is playing waitress. She is using a pot holder as the tray and serving tortilla chips to the dog. And she is telling Snickers to eat it and that it is good. Where in the world did she learn that? Maybe....her mother (not the serving part...just the eat it and it is good part)?
  5. She saw a picture of a friend of ours at a New Years Eve party and said, "party!" Seriously don't know where she learned that??
  6. And this one is from Christmas....I was trying very hard to open a package that contained a toy that she seriously wanted out of the box and I seriously couldn't get the box opened. It had tape everywhere! Upon discovering MORE tape when I thought for the umpteenth time that I had it all off I responded with, "dad gumit". Without skipping a beat she repeated me!! I laughed so hard that I eventually had to leave the room to wipe my tears. Before exiting she just stared at me and was saying, "Mommy's sick" in a sad voice and, "it's okay." Of course I don't want her saying stuff like that but it was a hilarious moment (at least for me.)

That's all the funnies. My last moment is such a sweet one! In Puggles one of the little girls (her name is Brooke but we call her Brookie) said she wanted to pray after Ms. Ami shared our lesson. This kid (yes, 2 years old) said an adult like prayer...I kid you not!! I thought I was going to cry. Especially when she said in her prayer, "Thank you for Justine." How sweet is that?

Signing off now...time to get Justine into bed and watch Desperate Housewives (finally a new episode!!).

1 comment:

Woody said...

You crack me up!!! Neat stories....wait till you lock her in the car and your keys are inside...and she's strapped in the car seat, that's fun too.....honestly, I hope that never happens to you. I was traveling with Hannah while pregnant with Micah and got out of the car and was getting stuff out of the car and layed my keys in the seat and then i locked the door and when I shut it, I realized what I had done....I'll tell you the rest later..ha!