We're licensed!
As of 5:15 pm today we are officially licensed to foster-to-adopt and on the list of available parents! Waylan's wise response, "better clean the house!" His other comment, "make sure he comes when I'm off duty." As if I have any control! Men, gotta love 'em. I must say the second child is already a different experience. With Justine we both took off work the day of placement and cleaned the house from top to bottom, wore nice clothes, made sure everything was just perfect and invited the whole world to come see the new addition. But this time...we just want him to come when Waylan is off duty. And I will probably come home from work maybe an hour before placement time. And I'm trying to fathom how I can love baby #2 as much as Justine. My friend Heather informed me today that you just do. So I'm banking on that.
Check Engine!
If you haven't heard me say this already (and you probably have) don't ever buy a Dodge! Let me start by informing everyone that just last week we spent over $500 in parts to repair the various broken down parts of my car...AGAIN! In my Durango's lifetime of 9 years I believe I've seen the Check Engine light on more than I have off. It pretty much blends in to the dash at this point. Well, it still doesn't run right and to confirm things the Check Engine light reappeared today. It seems as if something is wrong with the transmission, which might I add was replaced less than 2 years ago. Now I'm so knowledgeable in the way of car engines (NOT) so let's just pray that I'm way off. My checkbook isn't prepared for another transmission repair, or any other repair for that matter. It's also not prepared for a car payment (and boy would I love a minivan!) but we just can't swing that either. So say your prayers that we can get out from underneath any hefty car repair bills and that my car would just be nice to me for a few more years.
My new job....
Don't worry...not different...just additional. I picked up a little side job. I thought since I received my first check for my first project I can officially say I have a second job. This job is on the crafty side. I am adhering rhinestones to ballgowns and other gown accessories. My first project was some sort of arm band as are my next 3 projects that I picked up today. Then, this weekend I get the biggy...A DRESS! That one makes me a bit nervous but I think I'll manage. My new boss just LOVED my work when I returned it to her today and it seemed that I made her day. She had several other girls turn in projects that apparently didn't make the grade. I just pick up projects, supplies, and tools from her and work on them at home at my leisure and return them to her a couple of days later. When it boils down to it I don't think the hourly wage turns out to be much but it will be nice to have a little extra cash. Maybe I'll start a new car fund...LOL.
My streaker
All right...how do you keep a diaper on a 2 year old? I'm seriously thinking of breaking out the duct tape...it does fix everything, right? Justine now knows as soon as she has peed in her diaper and she doesn't like it one bit. So off it goes. Or, if she is quick enough, the diaper comes off BEFORE good ole' #2. Such a beautiful thing, don't you think? So I'm thinking we are ready to try our hand at potty training again. Is it working? Not so much! This is just one area I am not qualified to handle as a parent. I see a long road ahead. And I've read all the books, the parent tip emails, the advice from friends, yada yada yada...I just don't get it and neither does Justine. I'll keep you posted of all the messy details. Which reminds me...she now MUST be the one who empties the pee pee from the little bowl in her potty. And she is not very graceful with this precious bowl of liquid as she removes it from her potty to pour it into the big potty. So far no spills but I'm just waiting for the day when she slings it all over the wall!
Well, that's the latest at the Langfords...have a great day!
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
Oh, I am so happy you are finally licensed for your new baby!!
We will definitely be praying for your car!
When my boys took their diapers off all of the time, I started putting underwear over their diapers. It worked for them, but not for Samantha. She just takes her panties off and rips the diaper right off.....are we sure we want these two streakers hanging out together? Imagine the teenage years...lol.
Oh my, Justine is emptying her potty like a big girl. Just makes you want to go right out and have another one doesn't it?! Somehow, you love them even in the midst of the terrible twos!
WOW, you are busy, busy. I'll pray for your car. We are in the same boat with Ted's car....just a few more years...pleaze....his ac is out again...hot!!
Yeah on the licensing!!!
Miss ya!
Pulling off diapers.....try pullups....they think they are real underwear, then if she has an accident, it doesn't leak through...just a thought.....then when she is tired of them, switch her to big girl panties. :)
Post a Comment